1 Timothy 2 and The Scholarly Debate - with Lionel Windsor
1 Timothy 2:8-15 might be the most controversial New Testament passage.
There has been an enormous amount of scholarly attention on this section of scripture, especially over the last few decades, and there are practical questions that we can’t ignore in church life.
Lionel Windsor is a New Testament lecturer at Sydney’s Moore Theological College. Lionel teaches the pastoral epistles to third year students. So is abreast of the scholarly debate.
Lionel gave a super helpful seminar a few months ago at the Priscilla and Aquila Conference held by Moore College. We have linked to that seminar and Lionel’s notes here.
- What are the elephants in the room - Culturally, Philosophically, in Scholarship?
- What are the issues of interpretation? How do we approach the passage?
- What issues surround 1 Timothy?
- What is the significance of ‘quietness’?, ‘let her learn’?, ‘to teach’?
- What is the connection between teaching and authority?
The Pastor’s Heart is a new Australian weekly interview program with a senior Australian pastor. Each week at 2pm on Tuesdays (Sydney time) Dominic Steele will speak live with a senior Australian pastor and take questions live via Facebook from other pastors and ministry leaders. You can submit your questions either beforehand or live at fb.me/thepastorsheart. Or see more at www.thepastorsheart.net
Please subscribe to the Clayton TV weekly emailout for what's new on the channel.