Chapter 23 - Snapshots of Jesus as seen through the Gospels; Gospel of Luke: Mark Lanier
Mark continued Snapshots of Jesus from the Gospel of Luke. This week he continued with Part II of how Jesus interacted with women. Listen to Mark expound on the passages in Luke that shows how Jesus valued women and all outsiders. God is about making life better. God is setting about reversing the world.
1. Look at Women’s passages
- Luke 10:38-42 Mary and Martha.
- Luke 11:27-28 a woman blesses Jesus because of what He says.
- Luke 13:10-16 Jesus heals the woman with a disabling spirit on the Sabbath.
- Luke 23:31 Jesus’ tells the mourning women to weep for themselves.
2. The challenge for today - A word on worry….
- Matthew 11:28-30
- John 14:27
- 1 Peter 5:7
- Philippians 4:6-7
- Matthew 5:34
- Jeremiah 17:7-8
3. Points for Home
- Don’t blame Jesus.
- Replace worry with trust.
- Walk in the uprightness of Jesus.
Please subscribe to the Clayton TV weekly email for what's new on the channel.
Accompanying notes for this, and other episodes can be found here.
Biblical Literacy is a class taught on Sunday mornings by W. Mark Lanier in Texas, US. Mark is a top 10 US trial attorney who also holds a B.A. in biblical Languages.